CHARLESTON, WV DIRECTIONS:
The quicker, scenic route:
45 miles [ 55 minutes ] from Charleston to the camp. 35 miles of two-lane roads. Lots of up-and-down, lots of curves, lots of curves on the up-and-down sections.
The longer route, less curves:
70 miles [75 minutes] from Charletion to the camp. 55 miles of interstate roads.
1. From Beckley: follow I-77 N to Exit 45/US-19. It’s not far!
2. US-19 N to WV-16 (at Fayetteville, WV). Watch your speed! Note: WV-16 intersects US-19 several times. Be sure to go to the exit at the Fayetteville intersection. (Landmark: There is a stop light at the intersection. Tudor's Biscuit World is on the right [east]).
3. Now, use the LOCAL DIRECTIONS (below) to get you from Fayetteville to the County Park.
From Morgantown, WV:
From Virginia and the Carolinas:
From MI and N.E. OH:
From Toledo, I-80E to I-79S. Follow Morgantown directions.
From most of OH:
From Lexington, KY and points west:
From Pikeville, KY and points west:
If you live far enough S that taking I-64E to Charleston, WV looks too out of the way, get yourself a good road atlas and consult the Internet – there’s no direct yet easy way to Beckley. You may want to take US-460E to I-77N. Good luck!
From DC, Baltimore, points N:
Take I-81 S to I-64 W to Beckley.
Then follow BECKLEY DIRECTIONS (below).
1. Starting at the Fayetteville, WV intersection of US-19 and WV-16, take WV-16 N (toward Beckwith and away from Fayetteville - you're heading downhill. Obey the 25mph and 40 mph speed limits here!).
2. On right, look for brown sign: "Fayette County Park 500 feet".
3. When you reach the border of Beckwith (roadsign on right), take an immediate left onto Fayette County Park Rd [WV County Rd 8].
4. When Fayette County Park Rd forks at the park sign, take the right fork.